Sunday, December 30, 2007

Surprise Visitors!!!!

Well, I came in and relieved Jon around 5pm or so.....brought some delicious homemade food that Becky made---mom LOVED the snickerdoodles. I had one and I must say they were tasty--and I'm really not that much of a snickerdoodle fan, so that's saying A LOT!!

I was settling in and getting on the blog to check out "Mom's" song that "she" wrote while she ate and guess who comes walking into the room?! Thad and Sharon!! How awesome is that?! It was so fun to see them--they look great and it was fun to talk with them and hear how things are going with their family. It sounds like Christmas Eve was fun at Dick and Barbara's with their family. How nice of them to make the drive from Apple Valley--gotta love those backroads--we hope you made it home safely and didn't get any tickets from any Rangers, like someone we all know! :-) Thad had on a awesome Grinch tie---it brought back memories of when mom dressed up as the Grinch (or green booger-depending on who you ask) and scared Jamie and Cozi to tears when they were babies!!! Good times. Anyway, thank you Thad and Sharon for coming out it was a delight to see you and visit.

On another side-note....some fun quotes I just picked up from listening to mom when the CNA brought her new lemon flavored "Toothettes" in. (These are small green sponges on the end of sticks to clean her teeth)

It's Christmas morning!
it's so juicy and delicious too....
I wonder if I can save it?
Who knew there were such delicacies in this hospital?!
That's just wow.......I'm all a flutter

Have a good night everyone, love you, Lou

2 comments:

maines said...

Ah, the green booger. Those were the good days. My favorite part of the costume is that it only goes to the mid-calf.

Greg said...

Was proudly shown the Toothettes this morning with full exclamation. Joy for small favors - we should all be so grateful.