Sunday, December 30, 2007

catering to you

Don't worry everyone. I haven't gotten a life outside the blog. I know you've been waiting with bated breath for my next post- wondering if I'm still alive, still dedicated, and still planning my day around blogging oppurtunities. Actually, who am I kidding. No one has even been on the blog all weekend. I guess you think you have better things to do? Guess you think your life is more important, more substantial, more precious than the Chrome Dome Diaries? Or did your own secret obssesion that we all saw in you last week scare you and you vowed to take it easy for awhile? Whatever the case, I'm glad your back and I welcome you with open arms.


Life was good in Eisenhower 358 on Saturday. It didn't start off that way, however. It started off with a very sad and depressed little bird. I've never seen such a dejected face on mom as when they knocked on her door with a "catering to you!" and brought in her breakfast tray. Cereal again. A bannana again. An orange, whole milk, yogurt frusion, again, again, again. And then when the called for her lunch order I thought she was going to burst into tears as she barely choked out the words, "peanut butter and jelly sandwich". Again. If there is one thing that is going to hurt her spirits and bring down her recovery, it's the monotany and foulness of the hospital food. And that's when they get the order right. When it's wrong (which is often) that really puts her over the edge. Poor little one.

The day started to look up after breakfast though. Dr. Young (has anyone else met this guy? I thought he was going to pass out at any moment. He actually had to prop himself up against the wall at one point to keep from falling over) came in with a positive report. Blood looked good from her transfusion the day before, platelets good, white blood good (still low), and she doesn't have a yeast infection after all! Hooray! No need for any more embarassing encounters with the re-re nurses.
After that we took a long walk outside (Brrrrrr...) and visited her queenly estate (the bathroom for those who haven't read the earlier posts). We tucked into an afternoon of "Jane Eyre" (even though we now know the end, thanks Greg) and then spirits really rose when we kicked the hospital "caterers" to the curb and Cort and Ace brought us El Pollo Loco. We got our chicken on and then pops took over for the afternoon.

1 comment:

maines said...

Jen, let me just save your little typing fingers now and say yes, that is a mansling on Cort.