Saturday, December 29, 2007

Beyond Hot Pockets and Jazz: The PM shift

This update is late since I have been watching Jim the Comedian's expose on Hot Pockets and wondering whether anyone TiVoed (shameless endorsement by verbizing a brand) the Jazz game (Lamar looked great last night - good time to pull the trigger on a trade (with his stock so high I am sure we could get some bench player from Minnesota - Oh yea! McHale won't trade with the Lakers)).

Our evening was great! We finished the Great Divorce - highly recommended for all Gre-Sha Book Club followers (and SPOILER ALERT FOR JANE EYRE no one (or thing) escapes from the attic, burns down the house and kills its self - just good clean Christianity). We clocked some more laps around the atrium. Finally, we settled into watching mom's DVD of the MoTabs Christmas concert with Sissel - which was really beautiful (maybe not as beautiful as Kobe hanging 31 on a wilting Jazz team which is 3-7 in their last 10, but beautiful none the less). The MoTab and Sissel bring mom and I full circle. Several weeks ago when I started the night shift we would play the CD from this concert on loop all through the night (mom asked for that since at the time she was having a hard time sleeping with the sound of the IV pump running next to her head). Waking in the wee hours and hearing Sissel's clear voice singing about the birth of Christ was comforting. Last night, watching the concert, was joyous. We were watching it together, enjoying the moment and one another's company, and thankful for the time we have. Here's to many more Christmas concerts.

P.S. After seeing the bit on Hot Pockets I had to wonder if the Costco Lasagna isn't Hot Pockets for 10.

P.S.S. Go Lady Breakers!!

4 comments:

maines said...

you are dead to me. That better not really be the ending of the book or I may never talk to you again. Your just jelous of the sha-sha book club and its tremendous following. I can't help it if we're more popular, funnier, more attractive, smarter, and more accomplished than you are. Down with the Gre-sha book club!!!
And in case you think that was too harsh mom just asured me that it showed proper vehemance befitting the deamon that would ruin our last hundred pages and everyone elses too! Her words. And said quite strongly, I might add.

Greg said...

I suppose that ALL CAPS that it was a spoiler alert was somehow missed!!

maines said...

I was just reading along fully trusting that you would be the soul of discretion. Obviously I was wrong. I will never trust you or believe anything you say again. Except when I need a babysitter. Then you are the bestest brother a girl can have.

Dro said...

Nice Lady Breakers plug. Thank you. We went 2-2 in the tourny finishing 7th out of 16. We lost a heartbreaker to Trabuco Hills
66-62. We actually led my one with 50 seconds to play. I got my first technical in the 3rd quarter though so maybe I haven't mastered my "enthusiasm" quite yet.

See you all soon!!