Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Faker

Mom pretended to be asleep for 45 minutes today when I first got to the hospital. I thought she was completely out, so I pulled out the little bed next to her and pretended to sleep myself. The two of us laid side by side, wide awake, for almost an hour until mom finally realised I wasn't leaving and started to talk to me. In actuality she claimed she didn't know I was there yet. Right. She only loves me for "Jane Eyre".
After she "woke up" we chatted for awhile about christmas and I showed her the photo book that Cort made me. She talked about how much she loved having everyone come visit her. She said she totally wasn't expecting it and that it was "just perfect". She also said how much she wishes she could see what it was like back at the house, whereupon I whiped out the laptop and showed her our new blog, complete with pictures from christmas eve. I thought I was talking to dad for a little bit as she started to get teary eyed. I think his softness is rubbing off on her.
For the rest of the morning we read until pops arrived. I left as the dr. was getting there, so no medical updates from me. I wil say though that despite black teeth (due to an over-vigorous brush yesterday), she looked great. We of course spent a little time in mom's home away from home-

And the rest of the time in bed. If you're wondering why there's three thrones, it's so the queen can sit on one, keep her reading material and baby wipes on another, and use the third as a footstool. Dad, you better get the plumber over to do some re-decorating before she comes home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK you found me out, but actually and for real I was sleeping because more than sleep I want to know what is happening to our Jane Eyre. So believe me if I had known you were sleeping beside me I wouldn't have let beautiful ladies sleep!!
Nana