Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sunday "no bloody" Sunday

Lyrics that Mom sang to me (Jon) today as we conversed over Sunday prune juice:

I cant believe the news today
Oh, I cant close my eyes and make it go away
How many meds...How long must I be in bed? How long? how long...cause tonight...
(Blaine) we can be as one...Tonight...

Hand sewed mittens on my feet
Cancerous bodies strewn across Bob Hope street
CNA's won't heed my call
They won't dump my pee or push my bed against the wall

Sunday, no bloody Sunday....Sunday, no bloody Sunday...

And my battles just begun
99% have lost, but guess what? I have won
The trench is dug within my arm
And mothers have taken the fried chicken from the farm

Sunday, no bloody Sunday....Sunday, no bloody Sunday

How many meds...How long must I be in bed? How long? how long...cause tonight...
(Blaine) we can be as one...Tonight!!!!

Wipe the tears from your eyes
Cause there will be no more goodbyes
I've enjoyed the one on one talks
And I know that my great grandchildren I will rock

Even though I'm not immune
Can't drink Diet Coke, only juice called prune
Cafeteria food is "killing" me
But not as much as tv reality

Sunday, no bloody Sunday
Sunday, no bloody Sunday

Today I was brought the Sacrament
It means so much to me, I will not vent
My boys sang some songs to me
And as the "bells ring out" I will claim my victory!

On...Sunday no bloody Sunday....Sunday no bloody Sunday...

"I LOVE YOU ALL"

Thank you!
NANA

3 comments:

maines said...

Somehow I find it hard to believe that Nana wrote that and not the master of rhymes, dro. Either way, I LOVE IT!

loubige said...

That was AWESOME!!! One of the best this year!

Stephanie said...

That rivals a B-love life for me! but a lot cleaner. Love it, love it, love it.