Friday, December 28, 2007

REPORT FROM THE AGE APPRORIATE (BORING) DAY SHIFT

Since I am unable to compete with the literary skills of the other contributers to the Chrome Dome Diaries and am not into book clubs nor Atrium Eisenhower 500's you'll have to settle for the more hum-drum geriatric report.
We did have a busy day with Mom working the telephone to the max. We are happy to report that we have our first appointment at City of Hope scheduled for January 14th (Mom is holding Dr. Driesbach to his Jan. 11th exit date)at 1:00 PM for Labs and Counciling and then at 3:00 with Dr. Stein. That's progress on the next round. We also read some Christmas cards and BYU Studies. We took a really long very COLD walk and took the following exciting photos:

Mom with her favorite day nurse Michael (Sorry I didn't get in the red clogs)


Mom in front of the Hospital


Mom at the Duck Pond


New Years Dinner

The rest of the afternoon was spent resting up from the other shifts intense schedules!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this a coincidence, I have an appointment on Monday, January 14, 2008 at the City of Hope too. My blood test will be at 10:00am and my appointment with Dr. Jasmine Zain will be at 11:00am. What Lisa and I usually do after the appointment is we have a quite time at the City of Hope Cafeteria where I have my favorite pizza while Lisa splurges on the sushi. So, now that the word is out, expect Lisa and I to possibly bump into you at my favorite hospital the place where HOPE is truly a MIRACLE...PS, Lisa says, check out the Japanese garden if time allows...your truly Ossil

maines said...

mom reminds me a little of flat stanly in these pics. It's hard to see any expression with that mask on. I miss seeing the smile! Our little roaming gnome does get around though!

Greg said...

Spoke to Michael last night. He was pleased to be a blog feature and commented that he wants to make sure he maintains his lead in the nurses poll. New Year's dinner looks delicious - wonder if they'll alow me to pluck one while I'm haning out with mom on the early AM.

maines said...

Is that why Michael insisted on giving mom her own private sponge bath this morning? I was wondering about that.