Sunday, January 6, 2008

What's the new book?

So Shalaine, my Gone With the Wind book club is meeting this Thursday night so I need to know what book to purchase for my new weekend reading......I'm going to hold off and do the GreSha selection of Three Cups of Tea when our ward's book club does it--it's coming up on their list, so I guess I'll go with the next ShaSha read. Please do tell.

We are excited that mom is coming home tomorrow!!! Please take photos so we can see her joy when crossing over the Hendrickson threshold!!! We love you Nana and are glad that you are going home for awhile to rest and we are praying for your blasts and a match to be found. If anyone knows could you let us know if any of the siblings have been tested yet and those results?
Thanks. Lou


7 comments:

maines said...

I love the aqua blue color. My favorite rogue font color yet. As for donor testing and matches, none of the siblings have been tested yet. We will keep you posted. Now, for the real important news, the new Shasha read. I was going to wait until I could change the side post to unveil it, but I guess I could let you now. It is (drum roll please) "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" by Alexander Dumas. If you have read him before he is awesome, so we are excited about the new read. And excited to have another member of the club!

Stephanie said...

I will try to read it as soon as I finish Jane Eyre...I'm a book behind. So read very slowly!!

loubige said...

Ah.....Alexandre "Dumas"....it brings back a scene from Shawshank Redemption.....now there is a classic. I am looking forward to the new book seletion but was wondering if Victor Hugo has sued for plagiarism? :-)

Dro said...

I also think that Alexandre Dumas is a good author but to steal Victor Hugo's book makes me think that perhaps he deserves his last name afterall.

Lou Ann is right. Victor Hugo should've sued him!!!!

maines said...

Trust me, Dumas' version is WAY better. Think "The Count of Monte Cristo" meets "Les Miserables". You will love it and it will have you saying "Victor Hugo who?"

maines said...

p.s. Smart Dumases

Hendo said...

Duh could someone point me to the Hugo Daboss book section?