Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Little Vietnamese Sweat Shop

I came it to relieve Greg tonight and found Mom's door closed. I have to tell you folks that I'm lucky to be alive because when I opened it a serious backdraft flame shot out at me. No wonder Greg was nodding off...it was hotter than a Palm Springs summer in there! But we do whatever it takes to keep our little lady comfortable, so the door remained closed. It was time to change her toenail polish so I got out the polish remover and started making fun of mom in Vietnamese so she would feel like she was in a real nail salon. Although I didn't have callus remover ("you need it") I sweated away and got her all pretty to return home next week. Just at the point when we were seeing psychedelic rainbows from the fumes, we opened the door to air out the room and provide a much needed relief for this little Asian worker.
Aside from a fajita pita from Jack in the Box, we didn't do much else for the night. She was all tuckered out from the 5K she ran with Greg earlier in the day so she retired early. We also said goodbye to the new gold bedpanist, Michael, for he will be off for the next four days tiling his house (such a Renaissance man). Crazy to think we only have a few more days up here in 358 East!

3 comments:

Dro said...

Speaking of "rainbow toe polish" I was reminded our New Year's Eve gamenight....good times.

Why (you ask) does that remind you of our gamenight?

Answer: What is one thing you should never wear????

Becky...(since you were the reader) perhaps you should post our "midnight" responses for those who weren't present.

maines said...

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

I'm also glad that stephanie and I were able to offend both the chineese and vietnameese in the blog today. At this rate we should get rid of all the lurkers in no time!

Just kidding lurkers, we love you!

maines said...

I can't believe Michael is off for 4 days!!!! I need to present him with his award for winning the first annual golden bedpan. Will he be back monday?