Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Walk the New Walk: Update from the PM shift

The PM shift started very eventfully as mom unveiled the new loop walk. I understand that this walk was devised while Jon was care-taking and it doesn't take long to see his stamp. the walk loops around the Kidney Center (no going in there!!) past the Hope building, fakes toward the Annenberg Health Sciences building and then descends down a path through an underground security passage into the back of an unnamed building. Mom tells me that they wandered around in the basement of the building for a while until they realized that it was the main hospital building and they were able to return to her room (though it was just as likely that they would find themselves in the experimental dismembering lab). What you would expect from a Jon shift: lots of adventure and a little bit of luck.

We spent most of the afternoon reading in Three Cups of Tea. I didn't realize how boring a reader I must be, but on two separate occasions I found I was putting myself to sleep. Thank goodness for all those peppermints in the room that mom kept throwing my way or I would still be sleeping on bed chair right now. The book is good and quite inspiring (though, I just don't anticipate any books on tape folks offering me an audition). The most freeing thing of the day, however, came as I walked into the room around noon and mom and Shalaine were reading the part of Jane Eyre I had spoiled. Now that the H is burned to the ground and Mr. R's B is D who knows what awaits our diminutive heroine (this qualifies as a cliff-hanger not a spoiler comment).

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think it is the supurb comfort of the bed chair that was putting you to sleep. Nothing like the squeak of vinal to lull you into lala land.

Dro said...

Dude, I miss the bed chair! MOM, when I can I come back and do night shift!!! My back had never felt better and now I am forced to sleep in the taco that masks as a bed in mom's office...way too soft for me = severe back pain.

BRING BACK THE NIGHT SHIFT!!!!

Jon

ps Attempt the "new walk" at your own risk. Tough to get through the duck poop and the basement/morgue without causing serious damage to your physical and mental state of being.

maines said...

I also experience the infamous loop today. Only Jon would keep pressing on when other would turn back at closed door reading "keep out". And there can only be one true taco bed-- steph's old trundle with the brass ball corners. Ahhh, sweet taco.

Anonymous said...

How is Sharon and Ricky doing
Char