Thursday, January 3, 2008

Hendrickson Family Announces New Book Club

Big Moan................Another book club! I would have chosen a catchier title to make sure that everyone reads this post, but I know how you blogging junkies are since I am proudly within your ranks. It really doesn't matter what is written or how it is written, just the fact that it is in print and on the blog makes it worthy of your time. Therefore, no catchy title necessary.

So here goes the pitch for the new Sha-Jen book club.

If you heard about the Sha-Sha book club's selection "Jane Eyre" (one of my personal favorites) and thought that it sounded interesting, but old English classics aren't your thing----the Sha-Jen book club is here to fill that void.

Did you hear about the Sha-Greg book club and think "That isn't my cup of tea"? We are here for you.

There are so many bonuses about the Sha-Jen book club and I will list just a few:

The Book is FREE
Only two chapters to read a month
You have two years to read the book
You will gain insight, revelation, and testimony.

Is the suspense killing you? What is this book, where can I get one?

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith


The Sha-Jen book club is really a book club that we are all currently a part of.

On Saturday, I was sharing with Mom my goal of reading the manual prior to the Relief Society lesson so that I could be more prepared to learn and participate (also part of the goal includes bringing the manual with me to class). Mom joined in this goal and will be reading and studying it as well. If a woman who has undergone two rounds of chemotherapy in the past month and is on the eve of bone marrow transplant can make this goal, than we all should be able to. So we ask all of you "Blogging Stalkers" to join our ranks! Stand up and be counted! Post to the comments and let us know that you are on board for this fantastic ride!


P.S. There is also a great article in the January Ensign that details the production of this book (which took years), its sources, and content.

3 comments:

maines said...

I'm in! Since I don't get the special privilage of attending Relief Society, I especially need to read the lessons on my own time. How is mom going to juggle all the Sha book clubs?

loubige said...

I'm down. Guess I need to get a manual so I'm not behind the first month out--hopefully this week. Being at Nana and Paga's ward I haven't received one yet. This is an excellent goal and one I needed, thank you!!

Jen said...

it looks like our club will be four. Oh five because jeff wants to join even though he never checks the blog. Ladies, it is going to be great! Thanks for your support!