Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What is the Deal?

Yo! What up? What happened? We get a post that Mom is going home soon and we get nothing after that? No safe arrival posts? No pictures of the welcome home wagon there to meet her? No sparkling cider screwed open or poppers pulled with streamers flying all over the house?

Are all blogs these days just posts of gloom and doom? Can we not celebrate Emerald City, lounge chairs, and little people riding around on fake horses?

Maybe we haven't poured water on the wicked leukemia just yet but this should be a time of happiness for there will be no more room 358 and (for the moment) no more CNAs who wouldn't even make it as stand-ins on the sitcom known as Scrubs.

Please....for those who need a happy blog post or two, give us what we crave!!!!

10 comments:

loubige said...

Okay. So funny you just posted! I just finished lunch and decided if there was not a post of mom enjoying being back at home I was going to do a "What's Up?!" post. Jon, you have beat me to it.

You desert dwellers can't forget that there are people not in the 760 that NEED an update!!! We don't want to bug mom, so please let us know how she's doing?!
Grazie!!

maines said...

I plan on doing a post tonight complete with pics for you hungry 714ers. But for now, mom is doing great. She is soooo happy to be home and we had steak, potatos, cookies and brownies last night for her first at home meal. She then spent the rest of the evening swallowed up in the black monster surrounded by dogs and Dance Wars. Sorry to be such a blogging slacker these days. I really must get my priorities back in order and hit the chrome domes more often. My ego has just been so damaged from the whole Dumas/Hugo debacle.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

It's the 949 and don't you forget it! We pay good money to be in this area code and to be slammed with the 714, well that is just an insult. I think that maybe this 714/949 debacle could push you right out of Chrome Dometopia :) Can't wait to see the pictures of Mom on the "Black Monster" and her kissing a bloody steak. Thanks to Jon for the new post.

Dro said...

I heard that Alexandre Dumas once lived in the 714 area code, whereas Victor Hugo had a house in the 949. Understandable mistake.

maines said...

I wash my hands of all of this. This is the thanks I get for sacrificing my child's development for your entertainment.

loubige said...

Thank you maines! I'm so jealous that I don't get to be hanging out with her on the black monster like all of you. We love you mom.

loubige said...

WOW!

loubige said...

I published my comment and the 3 of your showed up! That's really funny. (That's what my WOW was in reaction too)
See Shalaine we need to know how mom is doing and apparently that responsibility has fallen to you. Thanks for all you do!!! Axel will forgive you once he learns how to talk a few years later then usual---but that's okay.

Dro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.