Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back To Paradise???

I can't believe it. Here I am making my very first posting to the Chrome Dome Diaries. I'm a little frightened! Jon- go easy on me, please! I just felt like I should give everyone an update on the a few of us who had to depart last week and head home to Hawaii. Since four of the six were sick traveling home (no, not the throw-up kind, thank goodness!) it was actually a pretty quiet flight- lots of sleeping going on. The girls were so happy to see their animals again-the fish, the dog, the calf, the lamb, the pig, the rats. What? Who said rats?? Oh those would be the rats that invaded our house while we were away. No, I am not kidding. Rat droppings and destruction in every room of the house. Every room. I think I cried, but I don't quite remember. It's all a blur in my mind. Well, after lots of laundry, sending Greg off to San Francisco the day after we arrived home, lots more laundry, unpacking about 17 pieces of luggage, getting sick myself (never fails when Greg is out of town) and lots more laundry (not all folded and put away yet!), and getting Greg back from SF, we are settling down to something more like normal. Whew. What a week. It wasn't all bad. Several of the moms from school pitched in and helped me in a variety of ways as I took care of sick kids and sick self. Cleaning my kitchen, remaking beds, grocery shopping, making dinner for us. We never really felt alone and had much to be thankful for, despite the rats. We miss being with you all and pray for Mom constantly. Aloha!

5 comments:

loubige said...

Becky! All I have to say is that DOES NOT sound fun!!! RATS. Oh how disgusting and frustrating after a long travel home and with sick kids. Not good. I hope that this week does bring back that feeling to you guys that we all love when we are at our own homes--why does that feel so good?!
Aloha! :-)

Jen said...

There are rats in Hawaii? I refuse to believe it!!! :) Tell me no more! I'm glad everyone is feeling better, it is never fun to be sick as a mom....unfortunately life still has to go on and the kids don't seem to appreciate the fact that it is their turn to take care of us!! It sounds like you have some good friends who helped you though. Miss you all.

Anonymous said...

No, no I can't believe it. Having had many rat stories of my own my whole body shakes just thinking of it. Is it possible we could make them into pets? No? I agree. One has to draw the line somewhere. We miss you so much. Dad and I can't stand the quiet in the house. If I promise no rats will you come back? Yet, no one knows how wonderful ones own bed feels better than me. So after all is said and done, "Welcome back home lettle family."

Stephanie said...

That is the worst thing I have ever heard!!! That would be enough to have me load everyone back up in the car and fly back to the mainland...or is that just wishful thinking?

maines said...

I bet you were wishing you had a Rosie somewhere amongst all that laundry and rat poop! Glad to know that you are all still alive though. WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!