Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Faith in the Cure


I am out to prove that Hendrickson's truly never say can't! I've decided to train for a half marathon benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I know what is going on in most of your heads...you are checking to see if it is really Stephanie writing this post. It is true, the women who disdains exercise is taking on this challenge. It has given me a feeling of doing something to help find a cure. We have already experienced many of the advancements for treating this disease and I hope that through generous donations that we can get even close to wiping Leukemia off the map!
My personal goal is to raise $2100 by August 31, 2008. With your donation you will not only be supporting my participation in the marathon, but you will help advance the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's mission to FIND A CURE! 75% of all funds raised goes directly into research, education, and patient services.

The easiest way to donate is to go to my web site and Enter the amount you wish to donate. Click “Donate Now!” and you will receive an e-mail confirmation and tax receipt. Just click on the web address to access my site: http://pages.teamintraining.org/ocie/lbintl08/smcclellan

Thank you all in advance for your support. If you have any questions regarding donations or the Society, or if you just want to lend some support, you can always reach me via e-mail (shendro4@aol.com) or by phone (909-335-0982).

6 comments:

loubige said...

Stephanie? Is that you? It IS YOU, YOU GO GIRL!!! Email me when the half marathon is...maybe I will get my butt in gear and join you. (maybe) :-)

maines said...

Yeah Steph! Your website looks great. I'm not surprised at all that your doing this. I always knew you had a secret gym nazi in you. :-)

Cort said...

Eric...that's a pretty funny joke to play on your wife...logging in under her name and posting that. Good one.

I'll make a donation. But if you don't average 8 1/2 minute miles I want my money back.

Nana said...

What a way to put your money to action. I know I'm still here because others have done the same even if it wasn't there favorite activity. What a dear you are.

Pops said...

You Da Bomb!! Even if I question your sanity I admire your grit. We appreciate what you're doing the cause is indeed noble.

Pops

loubige said...

I love the fact that dad said "you da bomb!!" That is cool. You ARE da bomb!