Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"E TICKET RIDE"

I think Sharon's love of high adventure is catching up with us. She always loves to live on the edge and so it is with our current adventure. After 2 weeks of good news, we figured you would be getting bored and so we needed to inject a little drama into your lives. As reported earlier when the white count fell to 5 the doctor took her off all of her chemotherapy drugs in hopes it would stay down and we wouldn't need platelets and blood quite so often. Great thought, but so far not going as well as we would have hoped. In the past week the white count has gone up to 16. We're still hoping it will slow down and stabilize in the 20's, which would make the Dr. happy. As for the pneumonia it is about the same, but she is having trouble sleeping at night because of coughing. We haven't figured that one out yet, but hope to get a pulmonologist referral when we see the doctor tomorrow. Quite honestly, I am looking for a little boredom, I am not sure my aging heart can take the continuing "E" ride. In fact when I had a choice I always stayed off those guys anyway. We do however "CONTINUE TO MOVE FORWARD WITH FAITH."

4 comments:

Ryan and Annalyn said...

Hendricksons,

Writing on a family blog is kinda like bearing your testimony in a visiting ward. It just feels awkward! But after learning some "blog etiquette" from Shalaine, I thought I would cooment away and let you know our family is thinking and praying for yours. Going home just isn't the same without you guys around.

Ryan, Annalyn and the rest of us Rasmussens

Grandma Pearl said...

Blaine and Sharonr and Family. We check your blog regularly but haven't been able to answer it but hopefully we can now. We continue to add our faith and prayers in behalf of our dear friend Sharon. We have a lot of memories of your family. We also update our St. eorge Temple with the family name.
We have created a blog with the help of granddaughter Allie, and friend Shelli. I hope you enjoy it. We haven't got a camera but we do our best with what we work with. http://saltysgirl.blogspot.com

Greg said...

I am very happy with good news only. Please do not insert additional "excitement" for my sake. We remain positive and hopeful,knowing that our combined strength will help us get through this. We love you both and are praying fervently for healing. We love you!

Greg and family

Anonymous said...

Sharon and Blaine,

Just a note to let you know that I'm praying for you both and have every confidence that there will be a complete recovery. Blaine - I have lots of friends who need good nurses so let me know when you're ready for a side job!

Love to you both! Jan