Monday, September 8, 2008

DOWN HILL RUN!!

I'm sure that you all have been frantically checking your emails wondering why I haven't made a post in forever. As if that's all you do with your time. I have been waiting for the results of a Cat-Scan that was done last week so I would have something interesting to say. Well, finally I have got some results and so here goes. The scan showed that the lungs were fairly clear, with no abscess as they had previously thought. There is a lot of fluid still in them which is causing her shortness of breath. We had a couple of options to deal with the problem and took the one least dangerous. They have increased the amount of lazix that she is taking to see if that will get off the extra fluid. If that doesn't work then she will have to go into the hospital and they will remove the fluid with a syringe into the lungs. Because of her low platelet count that presents some risk, but worth taking, because we must resolve the pneumonia in order to move forward.
She completed another round of Dacogen on Friday and her white count is responding nicely. It was up around 23 and is now back down to 11. The doctor said this is better than he anticipated and so that is great news. She is feeling good but weak and is short of breath, but we are having fewer fevers and she is sleeping much better at night. Goes to show that "E" ticket rides run down hill as well as up, and we certainly appreciate that. Yesterday we celebrated 43 years of wonderful marriage and hope you all put our 50th celebration on your calendar for 2015. As always, "WE CONTINUE TO MOVE FORWARD WITH FAITH."

5 comments:

:) said...

Yay! We are so happy to hear some good news! You guys continue to be in our prayers. During the fall I always listen to a ton of Carpenters music. Ever since your'e ticket ride' post, every time I hear Ticket to Ride on our cd player I am thinking of you guys! Keep the good news coming! We love you guys!

Stephanie said...

I am already starting the planning committee for the 50th celebration, so everyone start sending me their addresses because it's going to be HUGE!!! I'm glad no abscesses and hope the lasix will take care of the fluid. I'm tired of the pneumonia...and you can tell it that!

Greg said...

I am happy to be part of the planning committee as well - count me in! This is good news I am thrilled we may not have to go invasive on the lungs and that the Dikogen (sp?) is working on the leukemia. Hold strong - we are right there with you.

Dro said...

PARTY!!!!!!!!

I'm in!!!!

EZ E said...

I hate that your picture is that jaguar or cougar guy from American Idol!