Friday, August 1, 2008

A BIT OF GOOD NEWS!!!


We went to the Doctors on Monday and unfortunately Sharon's White Count was continuing to rise which presents a real concern for everyone. We spent a lot of time discussing options with Dr. Dreisbach and determined to take a conservative course. He placed her on a pill form of chemotherapy called Hydrea. She is taking an average dose with the intent that it will slow down the rising white count or even reduce it so that we can do another round of dacogen to see if it will knock down the leukemia. We went back to the Dr. again yesterday and it seems to be working. Her white count was at the same level as on Monday with only 2 days on the new drug. We are encouraged as is the Dr. Her Pneumonia seems to being doing a bit better as well. We have been able to back off to 5 liters of oxygen at times and she is sleeping much better at night. It doesn't hurt that she is getting frequent visits from kids and grand kids the real healers for her.

We thought we should share even a little of morsel of good news as it happens, since we haven't offered much of late. We continue to be optimistic and to "MOVE FORWARD WITH FAITH."

7 comments:

Donna Johnson Sant said...

<< ....thought we should share even a little of morsel of good news >>

....and with every "little morsel" of GOOD NEWS, comes with it another "LITTLE MIRACLE" to greet you on your path as you Move Forward with Faith!!!!

Thank You Heavenly Father for the small and large Miracles you put in our lives each and ever day!!

Continued prayers of thanksgiving and blessings for you and the Family!

*Smooches* to all!! Donna Johnson Sant

Greg said...

What great news!! I am so thrilled to hear that this bit of chemo is keeping things at bay. I know that it was not expected to kick in until Thursday so I am hopeful that you have even better news next week.

Every bit of hope, every bit of success, bring me such gratitude for a great and loving Heavenly Father.

Thank you for your examples of faith. I love you tremendously.

Unknown said...

I've been watching for this kind of news. I'm so happy things are improving even in small ways.
Kathy completed her chemo last Tues. and hope she gets a good report in three weeks, then radiation begins.
We hope trials strengthen us, and your family have been a wonderful example for us.
Our prayers continue to be with you, and I send my love. Aunt Mary

DMAC said...

I remember when Dr. Lemon provided me treatments I remember Hydrea (I thought it was Hydroxy), but may be I didn't get the name correct. I took that pill along with Gleevec (800mg) to knock down the WBC from 371,000 when first diagnosed. Then, they did Lucofreeze? This with the chemo pil1s brought it down to 71,000. The rest was history...the biggest issue I have is being a hypochondriac. But, in the words of the Bishop, "MOVE FORWARD WITH FAITH". I like the words found in Proverbs 3:5,6...paraphrased, "Trust the Lord with ALL thine heart, don't over think things, remember Him, and He will lead thy path".

We love you Bishop & sister Hendrickson! We know that when we are on the Lord's side, we can require His help. Ossil & Lisa

DMAC said...

I recall when Dr. Lemon provided me treatments, I remember Hydrea (I thought it was Hydroxy), but may be I didn't get the name correct? I took that pill along with Gleevec (800mg) to knock down the WBC from 371,000 when first diagnosed. Then, they used Lucofreeze? This with the chemo pil1s brought it down to 71,000. The rest was history...the biggest issue I have is being a hypochondriac. But, in the words of the Bishop, "MOVE FORWARD WITH FAITH". I like the words found in Proverbs 3:5,6...paraphrased, "Trust the Lord with ALL thine heart, don't over think things, remember Him, and He will lead thy path".

We love you Bishop & sister Hendrickson! We know that when we are on the Lord's side, we can require His help. Ossil & Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey Guess who i fasted for today! I'm sorry i haven't checked your blog recently(!). But I found a piece of paper w/ your mom's name + address on it this weekend as I cleared my table. And decided that's who i was fasting for. And ricky. And then my mom randomly emailed me the chrome dome diaries link today. luv you wild+crazy guys.

Britmeister said...

Please give our love and a GIANT squeeze to Sharon. I cant say enough how inspired I am by her never-ending strength! You are in our daily prayers and on the temple prayer roll often! We love you all!
Love Jordan and Britnie