Monday, August 18, 2008

WE'RE ON A ROLL!!

It's time for our weekly update. We have had a good week. Sharon's white count continues to come down. On Thursday it was at 6.4 and today at 5.1. The Doctor is encouraged by this and has taken her off of the oral chemotherapy. This is good because it should help her mouth and throat to clear up which is currently her biggest downer. During the week we have been able to back off on the amount of oxygen that she needs and we have now cut it from 6 liters to 3 1/2 liters. The doctor said that her lungs were much clearer and so it would appear that the pneumonia is subsiding. She is sleeping well at night which is really good. We are now starting to work on building her strength back up. Maybe all this good news is because she is so absorbed in the Olympics that she forgets about her ailments, but whatever the reason we are really encouraged and looking forward to more good news in future reports.
We appreciate all of your cards and comments and especially your prayers and "WE CONTINUE TO MOVE FORWARD WITH FAITH."

7 comments:

loubige said...

AWESOME. I'm so glad to hear some good news. Wish I could be out there to watch some olympics with you mom.....Jon just wants me to tell him when something amazing happens and then he'll come watch. Thinking of you always.

maines said...

This is encouraging. I've SOOO been looking forward to some good news like this. Keep up all the good work that you are doing. We are praying for you and thinking of you always!

Greg said...

How do we get another few weeks of Olympics?! This is such great news, from white cell counts in the high 40s down to counts around 5 - its a miracle. Keep on keeping on. We love you.

Unknown said...

Dear Sharon and Blaine,
Keep the great news coming. We'll
continue praying for these miracles.
You are in my thoughts and prayers every day and I send my love,
Aunt Mary

Jen said...

Do we need to film our own family olympics when the Summer Games are over to keep the good new rolling? I nominate Dro and Cort for the synchronized diving....anything! Whatever it takes! Volunteer for the sports you want to do now!
As for me, I will be Bob Costas in the booth, analyzing you all!

maines said...

Actually, mom said that she's given up on the circus family and now wants a dance crew family. Are you in? I think this could have the same effect as the olympics on recovery. Probably greater. Nothing brings the white count down like watching EZE and Loubige doing headspins in unison.

loubige said...

Just tell me when and where and I'll break out the leg warmers and don't worry--I'll bring the cardboard box. :-)