Sunday, July 27, 2008

I GUESS WE NEED SOME MORE!!!


I have come under some heat for failing to post, mostly from my adoring patient, who is taking most of my time these days. When I last wrote we had been admitted to the hospital with Pneumonia. Sharon was well cared for during the week by Greg and Stephanie while I took the youth of the ward to Lake Powell for a youth conference/super activity. This was a leap of faith for us all, but we felt good that the Lord would look after things for the week. Sharon had a couple of scary days, but began to feel better toward the end of the week although the x-rays still showed a lot of pneumonia. The first of this last week, she and I began to scheme as to how we could get her home and finally convinced all the doctors to let her come home on Wednesday night so she was able to have a great couple of days with Greg and his family before they had to return to Hawaii on Saturday. She did however come home on 6 liters of oxygen, 3 IV antibiotics and 4-6 respiratory treatments a day. Boy are my skills ever getting up there, soon I will be challenging the RN Boards for my license. We still struggle with the pneumonia although she seems to be feeling better. Our next little obstacle is her white count which continues to climb. On Thursday it was up to 37 which is not good. On Monday we are meeting with the Doctors to see where we might go from here. We have a real dilemma in that we probably need more aggressive chemotherapy, but with the pneumonia we're not sure if she can handle it health wise. We continue to look for some sort of miracle to take us to the next step.

We are continually grateful for your faith and prayers and need them more than ever. As for us, "WE CONTINUE TO MOVE FORWARD WITH FAITH."

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't tell you how many times a day I pray for a miricle. But I know as we excersise our faith that the Lord will bless us. I love you both so much and am greatful for your examples.

:) said...

Sharon and Blaine,
We have been consistant cyber blog stalkers. We are so glad that we have been able to follow your progress. You both have been in our prayers constantly. As Warren and I were finishing up a session at the Palmyra temple this last week, you were on my mind Sharon.I thought about what an incredible example you have been. A perfect example of Christ's light. "Never giving up the fight". I was thinking about how at anytime our savior could have called down countless angels to save him from the pain and suffering, but he didn't. He endured and with such faith and love. You have also endured with such a positive outlook. I always try to think of my Savior when I start to complain about the little things in life. Recently your face has also entered my mind when I start to feel upset about something. What a wonderful faith building example you are to so many. A quote from Dallin H Oaks came to my mind-

When we give thanks in all things, we see hardships and adversities in the context of the purpose of life... We are meant to learn and grow through opposition, through meeting our challenges, and through teaching others to do the same... the Lord will not only consecrate our afflictions for our gain, but He will use them to bless the lives of countless others."
--Dallin H. Oaks

Through your example you have blessed our lives as well!
We love you- The Jones Family
Warren, Chantelle & Georgia

Anonymous said...

Hi Blaine and Sharon,
I'm at Aunt Mary's right now. I came down from Salt Lake for the family reunion which was Saturday. I go back in the morning. Have spent some time reading your blog and looking at your pictures. You've done a wonderful job with it. I am grateful the computer can keep us in touch and updated. My prayers and faith are with you as you face your ordeals. At times like this every little miracle is a big one.

Love you lots. I'm proud to be your cousin. Aunt Mary sends her love to you. Love from me too. Patsy

loubige said...

Mom, I hope you are doing better since last week? We think of you all the time, we would like to come out to visit (maybe end of next week or the next??)......let us know if that is even possible with how you are feeling. WE LOVE YOU!