Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Invitation's in the Mail?

Yea, right!!! Everyone's talkin' about ya but all ya can do is comment? Finally I got the invitation so here I go. I was reading the WSJ this morning and found I couldn't breath . . . like I'd just climbed the bump and grind. Soooo I had to play the vampire for four hours and get a couple of doses of blood (seems the red blood guys carry the oxygen, Oh yea I do remember that) and so now all is well. It's a much better experience having blood outside the hospital rather than in, which brings me to the count down = I'm on day 13. Yes, 13 more days in this home and in my bed and with home food. So, I'm really trying to fill each day with all the movies and games Ricky will play and watch with me since going out is still on the "do not do" list.

About Dick, I talked to him at the end of all his tests and he said he thought all things were a go and I haven't heard anyting else from the hospital so the countdown stands. I love you all and so appreciate all your prayers. I'm sure that is why my melt down on day 18 only lasted a couple of hours and then back came the peace and reasurance and courage that only comes from heaven through all the petitions. Thank you is so plain and simple but I do thank you.

5 comments:

loubige said...

Thanks for letting me know when you are scheduled to go into City of Hope....I hope that today is much more uneventful when you are reading the WSJ! :-) Let us know if/when there is anything we can do for you guys. Love you, Lou

Dro said...

Sometimes I can't breathe after doing the "bump and grind" either. Strange coincidence....

loubige said...

No just an awesome wife!

(all of me is saying do not post this comment.....oh well.)

maines said...

Recycle man, you crazy! I just got a visual of dro and the recycle man. Paper, plastic, and soda cans are flying everywhere and the smell of tamales permeats the air. Anyway, I digress...
Mom, it's so great to hear the news from the horses mouth. I'm sure you too will now become a blogging addict! Hope you are feeling better today with the new blood. Love you!

Al G. said...

I guess if Hendrickson's can blog on the Green Bean blog, I can blog on yours.

Sharon, you're our heroine. Webster says a heroine is a woman admired and emulated for her achievements and qualities. Your courage and determination and unbelievably upbeat attitude in the face of great trials continues to inspire and motivate all of us to be better. Our prayers continue to be with you and yours...Love, Alan (Axel's other grandpa)