Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What A Woman.

I really don't know if this will come out the way I want it to, but I wanted to share something that I AM grateful for with mom's wonderful (sarcasm for those of you who don't know me) experience of cancer. Even though I will always think cancer SUCKS, I cherish the moments with mom that I am able to have. (I'm sure most of you feel this way) When have I ever had the opportunity to have personal night prayer with just mom? Never-until this crappy cancer came our way. What an amazing feeling for me to have spiritual experiences with mom that might have possibly never happened if it weren't for this cancer. I will cherish them always. Her hope is something I long to have. I get to come home and not experience the daily hospital grind that dad does, your endurance and love for mom is a wonderful example to me. Anyway, after being with mom today I just wanted to share with the family my feelings.......I love mom and am grateful for the time I have had together to strengthen our relationship. We are praying for those white blood cells to continue to rise. Mom and Dad we love you.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I totally agree Lou-although it is in the worst of circumstances, it's awesome to get to spend one on one time with mom. She is normally so busy, shouldering a million different things at one time. This crappy cancer has slowed her down enough for us to develope that close interpersonal connection.

maines said...

Hear! Hear! I agree with both of you. I also love that individual time we never would have had otherwise. And, boy was she ever a busy woman! It takes an army of us just to cover her normal every day tasks. She has always been my hero (I wrote a paper about it in fourth grade) but I really do appreciate more than ever all she does and all she is. We love you mom!