Saturday, March 15, 2008

HOPE FROM THE CITY

This is a status update not a literary gem. Sharon is doing much better than in my last report. Since they significantly reduced the drug cocktail they were giving her, her mental status has greatly improved. Improved to the point that we no longer have to be with her around the clock,which is a big relief to me. I now know that I would never make it working nights. Her throat gets a little better each day but she is still unable to swallow much beyond a sip of water. She has discovered sitz bath and spends a lot of time getting those throughout the day. She is back doing her PT and OT each day. Her counts have not yet started to go up, but hopefully should do so by the middle of next week. The Dr. says everything is moving on schedule and I guess we just trust that that is true. She is also proud of her new collection of hats knit by Rosy.
We continue to "MOVE FORWARD WITH FAITH."

SHARON OF DUARTE WITH NEW HAT

2 comments:

Greg said...

This post is such a relief. Since reading Wednesday's post I have been really concerned - glad to hear that things are improving. I hope and pray that mom comes further out of the woods this week. Thanks for the update dad. Keep the faith.

loubige said...

I am soooo glad that mom is doing better. I left Tuesday night a little nervous. I talked to Jen Friday morning to see how she was on Thursday and Jen let me know she was much better. I was so happy. Hopefully today was a good as well.
We love you!