Sunday, October 12, 2008

2 Timothy 4:7

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."


We wanted to publicly thank all of you for your prayers, your fasts, your strength, and your testimonies. You have lifted us in our time of need. You have buoyed our spirits and helped us:

"Move forward with faith."

Mom, we will miss you every day, every hour, every moment. Your energy, your love, your friendship, and your pure love of Christ is unparalleled. Because of you, we will try a little harder, laugh a little louder, and love a little longer. That is your legacy. That is our inheritance.

Your family and friends will always remember your cackling laugh, your abounding love, and your utter joy of living.

Smile everyone. Our mom wouldn't want it any other way!

(note: In lieu of flowers, Sharon would like you to donate that money to her favorite charity "Make a Wish Foundation" You can view their website at http://www.wishoc.org/. If you do decide to donate, please make your pledge the the Orange County Inland Empire chapter. Thank you. We will also let everyone know either through the blog, email, or phone when the services will be. The date will most likely be at the end of this week on either Friday or Saturday here in Rancho Mirage at the LDS chapel on Monterey).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"There is no end to glory; there is no end to love/ There is no end to being; there is no death above." -Wlliam Phelps*

[*i think he forgot there is no end to cackle]
LONG LIVE SHARON.

Grandma Pearl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

the words and thoughts on The Chrome Dome Diaries were so appreciated...and uplifting....your beautiful mom fought such a brave fight.....there is no one like her....I loved everything about her....especially her sense of humor...she taught me so much!!
I will never forget her!
luv you all! Alicia Furst

Dana said...

From Spencer's Primary teacher to a loved speaker at our cousins conference, we all loved her. As I teach seminary this morning and hike later I'll be thinking of what a wonderful and amazing woman I had the privilege of knowing. She blessed my life in so many ways. I'm so grateful to have known her.

:) said...

We feel like the world has just become a little less bright today. Sharon was the spiciest, spunkiest person that I had ever met. I will never forget the lessons I learned from her and her contagious laugh. We love all of you Hendricksons. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. I bet there is quite a party going on up in Heaven right now!
The Jones Family

sheila said...

Everything about Sharon was so spunky; her hair, laugh, and personality. To be able to team teach seminary with her was such a great experience for me. I appreciated her focus on scripture mastery and that focus is living on in Parkview's seminary class. Her love and enthusiasm for the gospel has blessed the lives of so many of the youth in the ward.
She will be missed!!

Unknown said...

Dear Shalaine, Cort, Bishop Hendrickson, and Family,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time of loss.

Our lives, too, were touched by our association with Sharon, a truly extraordinary...and fun woman. We are grateful to have shared some time on earth with her.

We send our love and pray you will all be sustained by the great love you share for her and each other.

With love, Ken and Pam Everson and family

Sydney said...

Dear Hendrickson's,

Thank you for being such great examples of the power of positivity. We have so enjoyed our acquaintances with your family and reading about the wonderful person that Sharon is. Our thoughts and prayers and love are with your family.

Love,
The Haglund Family

Priscilla B. said...

Dear Family...The brief moments that I knew Mrs. Hendrickson I knew she was a special person...she had an infectious smile and great laugh...Gods' Blessings to you all...

Here I am Lord
With my hand stretched out again
On you I know I can depend
My true friend
Here I am
Help me to stand
Take my hand
The Trials of Life
You are well aware
You give my shield strength
Made stronger with prayer
I will not Fear
What I cannot see
For I know
You will carry me...